Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2007-05-05 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 150 lbs beat Oscar De La Hoya 154 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 116-112
- Judge: Jerry Roth 115-113
- Judge: Tom Kaczmarek 113-115
|Total Punches||De La Hoya||Mayweather|
|Power Punches||De La Hoya||Mayweather|
- World Boxing Council Super Welterweight Title (1st defense by De La Hoya)
- Weights: De La Hoya 154 lbs, Mayweather 150 lbs
- Commission: Nevada State Athletic Commission
- Promoter: Golden Boy Promotions
- Announcer: Michael Buffer
- De La Hoya selected Freddie Roach as his trainer for this bout instead of Floyd Mayweather Sr..
- Mayweather made his debut at junior middleweight.
- Judge Jerry Roth scored the last round for Mayweather, the only judge to do so. Had he scored the twelfth for De La Hoya, the fight would have been a draw.
- After PPV percentages were included, De La Hoya made $52 million and Mayweather $25 million. (The biggest payday in boxing history for two fighters in one bout.)
- Tickets sold out in three hours making a live gate record of over $19 million.
- Broke all pay-per-view records at 2.4 million buys and $134.4 million in domestic revenue.
- The bout made $165 million in total gross revenue making it the richest fight ever.
- De La Hoya became the all-time leader in pay-per-view sales with 12.8 million buys.
- Mayweather vacated the belt shortly after the fight, thus keeping his WBC welterweight belt.
- 2007 Ring Magazine Event of the Year