Paul Malignaggi vs. Adrien Broner
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 18:18, 8 July 2013 by Integrital
2013-06-22 : Paul Malignaggi 146½ lbs lost to Adrien Broner 146¾ lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: Glenn Feldman 113-115
- Judge: Tom Miller 115-113
- Judge: Tom Schreck 111-117
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Showtime (Main Event)
- World Boxing Association World Welterweight Title (2nd defense by Malignaggi)
- Paul Malignaggi 32-4 (7 KOs) vs. Adrien Broner 26-0 (22 KOs)
- Malignaggi, a 7.5-to-1 betting underdog, entered as the #4 welterweight contender in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Broner was ranked as the #1 lightweight contender and the #6 pound-for-pound boxer in the world.  
- It was the first fight for Broner at the 147-pound limit.
- Broner was escorted to the ring by rapper French Montana, who repeatedly said through a microphone "Nigga, I ain't worried 'bout nothin'".
- Among those in attendance were Wladimir Klitschko, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Oscar De La Hoya, and Bernard Hopkins.
- "Paulie fought exactly like I thought he would fight. I took his title and I took his girl." - Adrien Broner, in the post-fight interview.
- "Tom Schreck is a New York judge that is in Al Haymon's pocket. 117-111 is a disgrace. I'm not saying it was fixed but the politically more-connected fighter always gets the close decision." - Paulie Malignaggi, in the post-fight interview.
- Dan Rafael 117-111 Broner
- Al Bernstein 115-113 Broner
- Steve Farhood 116-112 Broner
- Bernard Hopkins 115-113 Broner
-  Recap of the entire card, including Adrien Broner vs. Paul Malignaggi, on Queensberry Rules Radio, featuring James Foley, Patrick Connor and Kieran Mulvaney