Pernell Whitaker vs. Azumah Nelson
Revision as of 05:07, 3 July 2012 by Slugger
1990-05-19 : Pernell Whitaker 135 lbs beat Azumah Nelson 134 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Harry Gibbs 116-114
- Judge: Sid Nathan 115-113
- Judge: Dalby Shirley 116-111
- World Boxing Council Lightweight Title (2nd defense of Whitaker)
- International Boxing Federation Lightweight Title (4th defense of Whitaker)
- Whitaker has a point deducted in the twelfth round for holding & hitting on the break.
- Blows: Whitaker 287/624 46%; Nelson 122/407 30%.