Amateur Career Record
- Amateur record: 45-12, 20 Knockouts (RSC)
- 1972, Chicago, C.Y.O. 147 lb. Champion
- 1973, Wisconsin, Fox Valley - Golden Gloves 147 lb. Champion
- 1973, April, September, Fought as a member of U.S.A. Boxing Teams at Welterweight and Jr. Middleweight.
- 1977, March - Chicago Park District, 156 lb. Open Division Champion
Podgorski's amateur record includes wins over several tournament champions, many of whom turned professional: Allen Muleman Alexander, Robert Hughes, Harold Scully Jr., Johnny Lira, Willie LaBoy, Warren Thunder, Lewis Velez, Frank Mc Govern, Stan Cooper, Enrique Maldonado, Rick Wilson, Jose Mendoza, and Billy 'Shane' Page.
Professional - Regional and Minor Titles
United States Mid-West Regional Light Middleweight Title
As of December 2012, Podgorski has officiated 100+ total title bouts and eliminators.
World Title bouts, (58) as a professional boxing official traveling to Amsterdam, Australia, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Panama, Philippines, Poland, South Africa and several States in the U.S.A.
Notable Fights Refereed
- Vic Darchinyan vs. Mzukisi Sikali (2005-03-27) IBF, IBO
- David Diaz vs. Emanuel Augustus (2004-01-30)
- Ben Tackie vs. Teddy Reid (2002-01-25) NABF & IBF Eliminator
- Tue Bjorn Thomsen vs. Rob Calloway (2001-09-21) IBC
- Brian Nielsen vs. Jeremy Williams (2000-04-28) IBC Heavyweight title
- Greg Page vs. Terrence Lewis (2000-02-09) Heavyweights
- Mike Evans vs. David Jaco (1988-05-21) Midwest Heavyweight title
Notable Fights Judged
- Brian Magee vs. Hacine Cherifi ( 11-22-2003 ) IBO
- Cory Spinks vs. Larry Marks ( 08-17-2001 ) USBA
- Johnny Bredahl vs. Alexandre Da Silva ( 12-01-2000 ) IBC & WBA Int'Cont.
- Shane Mosley vs. Golden Johnson ( 01-09-1999 ) IBF
- Jesper Jensen vs. Vuyani Nene ( 06-05-1998 ) IBC
- Brian Nielsen vs. Larry Holmes ( 01-24-1997 ) IBO Heavyweight title
- Kostya Tszyu vs. Jan Piet Bergman ( 09-14-1996 ) IBF
- Harold Mestre vs. Mbulelo Botile ( 04-29-1995 ) IBF
- Kennedy McKinney vs. Rudy Zavala (07-17-1993 ) IBF
Family Boxing History
Pete is the son of Ray Podgorski a retired electrician (local 134) who had one amateur contest. Working the corner for Ray in his bout was NFL Pro football legend Red Grange. Podgorski's opponent received his instructions from NBA star George Mikan.
Brother of professionals, Stan and Leo Podgorski. Pete is the father of former amateur boxers, Mike Podgorski (11-0) and Matthew Podgorski, a professional Judge and Referee, who as an amateur compiled a record of 27-6 winning the Chicago Golden Gloves and Park District Tournaments in 1997.
Interview Q & A
Grandparents, family names - Podgorski, La Montagne, Lynn, Legenza