Name: Pete Podgorski
Birth Name: Peter Podgorski
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Illinois, USA
Height: 5′ 8″ / 173cm
Boxing Record: click
Judging Record: click
Refereeing Record: click
Amateur Career Record
- Amateur record: 45-12, 20 Knockouts (RSC)
- 1972, Chicago, C.Y.O. 147 lb. Champion
- 1973, Wisconsin, Fox Valley - Golden Gloves 147 lb. Champion
- 1973, April, September, Fought as a member of U.S.A. Boxing Teams at Welterweight and Jr. Middleweight.
- 1977, March - Chicago Park District, 156 lb. Open Division Champion
Podgorski's amateur record includes wins over several tournament champions, many of whom turned professional: Allen Muleman Alexander, Robert Hughes, Harold Scully Jr., Johnny Lira, Willie LaBoy, Warren Thunder, Lewis Velez, Frank Mc Govern, Stan Cooper, Enrique Maldonado, Rick Wilson, Jose Mendoza, and Billy 'Shane' Page.
Professional - Regional and Minor Titles
United States Mid-West Regional Light Middleweight Title
As of March 2011 Podgorski has officiated 100+ total title bouts and eliminators.
World Title bouts, (53) as a professional boxing official traveling to Amsterdam, Australia, Denmark, Canada, Columbia, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Panama, Philippines, Poland, South Africa and several States in the U.S.A.
Notable Fights Refereed
- Arthur Abraham vs. Khoren Gevor (2007-08-18) IBF
- Nate Campbell vs. Matt Zegan (2006 10-07) Elim. IBF
- Alejandro Garcia vs. Luca Messi (2005-08-13) WBA
- Vic Darchinyan vs. Mzukisi Sikali (2005-03-27) IBF, IBO
- David Diaz vs. Emanuel Augustus (2004-01-30)
- Ben Tackie vs. Teddy Reid (2002-01-25) NABF & IBF Eliminator
- Tue Bjorn Thomsen vs. Rob Calloway (2001-09-21) IBC
- Brian Nielsen vs. Jeremy Williams (2000-04-28) IBC
- Greg Page vs. Terrence Lewis (2000-02-09)
- Zolile Mbityi vs. Dimitar Alipiev (1999-10-22) IBO
- David Jaco vs. Mike Evans (1988-05-21) Midwest Heavyweight
Family Boxing History
Pete is currently retired and spends approximately 12 hours a day on the computer looking at boxing websites and sending people stupid emails that they delete before even reading. He is addicted to using duct tape and putting random things in plastic bags. He also loses his keys on a daily basis, sometimes spending hours looking for them and swearing at other people that he can't find them. Pete is the son of Ray Podgorski a retired electrician (local 134) who had one amateur contest. Working the corner for Ray in his bout was NFL Pro football legend Red Grange. Podgorski's opponent received his instructions from NBA star George Mikan.
Brother of professionals, Stan and Leo Podgorski. Pete is the father of former amateur boxers, Mike Podgorski (11-0) and Matthew Podgorski, a professional Judge and Referee, who as an amateur compiled a record of 27-6 winning the Chicago Golden Gloves and Park District Tournaments in 1997.
Grandparents, family names - Podgorski, La Montagne, Lynn, Legenza