Amateur Career Record
- Amateur record: 45-12, 20 Knockouts (RSC)
- 1972, Chicago, C.Y.O. 147 lb. Champion
- 1973, Wisconsin, Fox Valley - Golden Gloves 147 lb. Champion
- 1973, April, September, Fought as a member of U.S.A. Boxing Teams at Welterweight and Jr. Middleweight.
- 1977, March - Chicago Park District, 156 lb. Open Division Champion
Podgorski's amateur record includes wins over several tournament champions, many of whom turned professional: Allen Muleman Alexander, Robert Hughes, Harold Scully Jr., Johnny Lira, Willie LaBoy, Warren Thunder, Lewis Velez, Frank Mc Govern, Stan Cooper, Enrique Maldonado, Rick Wilson, Jose Mendoza, and Billy 'Shane' Page.
Professional - Regional and Minor Titles
United States Mid-West Regional Light Middleweight Title
As of November 2011, Podgorski has officiated 100+ total title bouts and eliminators.
World Title bouts, (55) as a professional boxing official traveling to Amsterdam, Australia, Denmark, Canada, Columbia, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Panama, Philippines, Poland, South Africa and several States in the U.S.A.
Notable Fights Refereed
- Arthur Abraham vs. Khoren Gevor (2007-08-18) IBF
- Nate Campbell vs. Matt Zegan (2006 10-07) Elim. IBF
- Alejandro Garcia vs. Luca Messi (2005-08-13) WBA
- Vic Darchinyan vs. Mzukisi Sikali (2005-03-27) IBF, IBO
- David Diaz vs. Emanuel Augustus (2004-01-30)
- Ben Tackie vs. Teddy Reid (2002-01-25) NABF & IBF Eliminator
- Tue Bjorn Thomsen vs. Rob Calloway (2001-09-21) IBC
- Brian Nielsen vs. Jeremy Williams (2000-04-28) IBC
- Greg Page vs. Terrence Lewis (2000-02-09)
- Zolile Mbityi vs. Dimitar Alipiev (1999-10-22) IBO
- David Jaco vs. Mike Evans (1988-05-21) Midwest Heavyweight
Notable Fights Judged
- Brian Magee vs. Hacine Cherifi ( 11-22-2003 ) IBO
- Shane Mosley vs. Golden Johnson ( 01-09-1999 ) IBF
- Alonzo Ratliff vs. Lee Roy Murphy ( 06- 26- 1989 ) IL State
Family Boxing History
Pete is the son of Ray Podgorski a retired electrician (local 134) who had one amateur contest. Working the corner for Ray in his bout was NFL Pro football legend Red Grange. Podgorski's opponent received his instructions from NBA star George Mikan.
Brother of professionals, Stan and Leo Podgorski. Pete is the father of former amateur boxers, Mike Podgorski (11-0) and Matthew Podgorski, a professional Judge and Referee, who as an amateur compiled a record of 27-6 winning the Chicago Golden Gloves and Park District Tournaments in 1997.
Interview Q & A
. by Ray Wheatley
Saint Hyacinth Catholic Grade School
Carl Schurz High School - Wrestling, Track & Baseball (1969 Illinois State High School Baseball Champions)
Wilbur Wright Junior College
Chicago State University
Grandparents, family names - Podgorski, La Montagne, Lynn, Legenza