Revision as of 16:49, 15 May 2008 by Bert
- 1955 Petros Spanakos won the sub-novice New York City Golden Gloves at flyweight over Victor Bonner.
- 1956 he won the New York (City) Golden Gloves open championship at bantamrweight over Frank Figueroa by default.
- 1960, attending the College of Idaho, with his reported twin brother boxer Nick Spanakos and fighting out of Hollywood, California, Petros Spanakos won the Chicago Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions at bantamweight over Darrell Shavanaux.
- 1960 he won the Intercity Golden Gloves Championship over Mike Lucas at bantamweight.
- 1964 he won the New York (City) Golden Gloves open championship over Angelo Alvarez at featherweight
- He and his brother Nick Spanakos were dubbed the Greek Twins, by some in the press.
- the Spanakos brothers have been reported originally being from from both the Red Hook and the Flatbush sections of Brooklyn, NY, the original home of Joey Giardello.
- Petros Spanakos has been referred to as Pete Spanakos, one of the Spanakos twins seven older brothers who was reported to have won a Bronze Medal in a Pan-American Tournament.