Revision as of 11:59, 18 April 2009 by Bert
Name: Pete Spanakos
Birth Name: Petros M. Spanakos
Birthplace: New York, New York, USA
Hometown: New York, New York, USA
Boxing Record: click
- 1955 Petros Spanakos won the sub-novice New York City Golden Gloves at flyweight over Victor Bonner.
- 1956 he won the New York (City) Golden Gloves open championship at bantamrweight over Frank Figueroa by default.
- 1960, attending the College of Idaho, with his reported twin brother boxer Nick Spanakos and fighting out of Hollywood, California, Petros Spanakos won the Chicago Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions at bantamweight over Darrell Shavanaux.
- 1960 he won the Intercity Golden Gloves Championship over Mike Lucas at bantamweight.
- 1964 he won the New York (City) Golden Gloves open championship over Angelo Alvarez at featherweight.
- He and his twin brother Nick Spanakos were dubbed the Greek Twins, by some in the press.
- The Spanakos brothers have been reported originally being from the Red Hook section of Brooklyn, NY.
- Share This