Randie Carver vs. Kabary Salem
Revision as of 07:09, 26 April 2009 by Reenthelawman
1999-09-12 : Kabary Salem 168 lbs beat Randie Carver 168 lbs by TKO at 2:05 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Harrah's Casino, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
- Referee: Ross Strada
- NABF Super Middleweight Title (1st defense of Carver)
- Time: 2:05
- Weights: Carver 168 lbs, Salem 168 lbs
- Aired on: Fox Sportsnet
- Carver, who was repeatedly head-butted in the early rounds of the fight, fell sluggishly to the canvas in the 10th round after taking an overhand right and a straight left from Salem. He tried on four occasions to get up, but could not even get up on his knees as he lost for the first time in his career.
- After referee Ross Strada ruled a knockout, Carver's eyes appeared to go back in his head, and he lost consciousness. He was rushed to the hospital after paramedics worked on him for about 20 minutes in the ring. Carver did not appear to ever regain consciousness.
- Carver passed away two days after the fight.
Carver vs. James
| NABF Super Middleweight Title Fight
Pemberton vs. Easley I