Difference between revisions of "Ricardo Torres vs. Kendall Holt (1st meeting)"
m (removed "Category:2007 Bouts" and double entry of officials)
Latest revision as of 20:17, 5 July 2008
2007-09-01 : Ricardo Torres 139¾ lbs beat Kendall Holt 139½ lbs by TKO at 2:24 in round 11 of 12
- Location: Salon Jumbo del Country Club, Barranquilla, Colombia
- Referee: Genaro Rodriguez
- Judge: Manuel Rodriguez Soler 95-94
- Judge: Stuart Winston 94-95
- Judge: Jose Roberto Torres 91-98
- World Boxing Organization Light Welterweight Title (2nd defense by Torres)
- Weights: Torres 139.8 lbs, Holt 139.5 lbs
Ricardo Torres scored a come-from-behind eleventh round TKO over Kendall Holt to retain his WBO light welterweight title. Holt appeared headed toward the belt when he knocked down Torres in round six and was in control for the next few rounds. Torres, however, changed the momentum of the fight in the tenth and got the stoppage in the eleventh when referee Genaro Rodriguez halted the bout with Holt taking punishment on the ropes. Holt's manager reportedly filed a protest afterwards on the basis that the fans were throwing objects into the ring during the eleventh round.