Ricky Hatton vs. Manny Pacquiao
Revision as of 18:02, 20 April 2009 by Sweetscientist
2009-05-02 : Manny Pacquiao 138 lbs beat Ricky Hatton 140 lbs by KO at 2:59 in round 2 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Michael Pernick 10-7
- Judge: C.J. Ross 10-7
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge 10-7
Aired On: HBO Pay-Per-View (Main Event)
- International Boxing Organization Light Welterweight Title (3rd defense by Hatton)
- The Ring Magazine Junior Welterweight Title (Hatton defending)
- Ricky Hatton 45-1 (32 KOs) vs. Manny Pacquiao 48-3-2 (36 KOs)
- The fight was originally canceled as the two sides could not agree on how to split the purse. They eventually agreed upon a 52-48 split in favor of Pacquiao.
- In build up to the fight, HBO aired it's popular series "24/7" which chronicled the two fighters' preparation in the months and weeks preceding the match.