Robert Guerrero vs. Efren Hinojosa
Revision as of 19:51, 12 June 2009 by Drdatabox
2009-06-12 : Robert Guerrero 134½ lbs beat Efren Hinojosa 135¼ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 8 of 10
- Location: HP Pavilion, San Jose, California, USA
- Referee: Dan Stell
- Robert Guerrero 23-1-1 (16 KOs) vs. Efren Hinojosa 30-5-1 (17 KOs)
- Guerrero entered as the # 9 junior lightweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Hinojosa, a 15-1 underdog, was unranked by the same publication.
- Hinojosa, who took the fight on five days notice, came in with a record of 1-3-1 dating back to December of 2005, with his only win coming by way of 1st Round disqualification over Jose Reyes.
- By Round 4, Hinojosa was visibly bleeding from the nose and mouth.
- A clash of heads in Round 7 opened a cut over the left eye of Guerrero. Hinojosa also had a cut over the left eye.
- Following Round 8, at the advice of the ringside physician, the fight was stopped due to a dislocation to Hinojosa's right elbow.