Robert Guerrero vs. Selcuk Aydin
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
(Difference between revisions)
Revision as of 23:22, 28 July 2012
2012-07-28 : Robert Guerrero 145¾ lbs beat Selcuk Aydin 146½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: HP Pavilion, San Jose, California, USA
- Referee: Dan Stell
- Judge: Max DeLuca 116-112
- Judge: Mark Green 116-112
- Judge: Michael Tate 117-111
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Showtime Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- (interim) World Boxing Council Welterweight Title
- Robert Guerrero 29-1-1 (18 KOs) vs. Selcuk Aydin 23-1 (17 KOs)
- Aydin, a 2.8 to 1 underdog, entered as the # 10 welterweight contender according to The Ring Magazine. Guerrero, due to inactivity, was unranked by the same publication.
- For Guerrero, it was first bout since April of 2011, following surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff he suffered while training for a bout with Marcos Maidana.
- It was the first fight for Guerrero at the 147-pound welterweight limit. Guerrero began his career at featherweight, but most recently had been fighting at lightweight. Aydin had been fighting at welterweight for five years.
- It was the second fight for Aydin in the United States and his second appearance on Showtime. In his previous visit in 2009, he scored a split-decision win over Said Ouali (25-2).
- Ticket prices ranged from $26 to $252.