From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 19:40, 27 August 2012 by Boxing scholar
- 1979 sequel to the Oscar-winning "Best Picture," starring writer and director Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa.
- Plot: Balboa struggles in family life after his bout with World Heavyweight Champion Apollo Creed, while the embarrassed champ insistently goads him to accept a challenge for a rematch.
- Grossed over $85 million in the U.S. and $200 million worldwide.
- IMDb link
- 14 Best Boxing Movies (From the Art of Manliness)
- Total Rocky.com
Boxing-Related Cast Members:
- Tony Burton (Duke, Apollo Creed's trainer)
- Roberto Duran (as himself)
- Referee Lou Filippo (as himself)
- Eddie Lopez (as himself)
- Al Silvani (Cutter)