Roy Jones Jr. vs. Antonio Tarver (2nd meeting)
Revision as of 12:14, 23 January 2012 by Emaster
2004-05-15 : Antonio Tarver 175 lbs beat Roy Jones Jr 174 lbs by TKO at 1:41 in round 2 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Jay Nady
- Judge: Duane Ford
- Judge: Dave Moretti
- Judge: Jerry Roth
- The Ring Magazine Light Heavyweight Title (Jones defending)
- WBC Light Heavyweight Title (Jones' 13th defense)
- WBA Light Heavyweight Title (Jones' 1st defense)
- IBO Light Heavyweight Title (Jones' 5th defense)
- IBA Light Heavyweight Title (Jones' 3rd defense)
- NBA Light Heavyweight Title (Jones' 4th defense)
- Vacant WBF Light Heavyweight Title
- Fight was named Ring Magazine Knockout of the Year.
- A left hook from Tarver puts Jones on the canvas. Jones tries to get up and does, but Nady stops the bout, feeling that Jones is too hurt to continue.
- Tarver wins the RING magazine Light Heavyweight championship of the world.
- PPV buys: 384,000