Roy Jones Jr. vs. Bernard Hopkins (1st meeting)
Revision as of 21:39, 25 March 2013 by Boxsoup
1993-05-22 : Roy Jones Jr. 159½ lbs beat Bernard Hopkins 159 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: RFK Stadium, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
- Referee: Steve Smoger
- Judge: Al DeVito 116-112
- Judge: Eugene Grant 116-112
- Judge: Lynne Carter 116-112
- Unofficial HBO Scorecard: Harold Lederman 118-110
- Unofficial Boxing Illustrated Scorecard: 117-111
- International Boxing Federation Middleweight Title (Vacant title)
- First world title fight for both fighters.
- Fought on the undercard of Riddick Bowe's heavyweight title defense against Jesse Ferguson.
- The Associated Press reported: "Jones was much too fast and too strong for Bernard Hopkins."
Toney vs. McCallum II
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Jones Jr vs. Tate