Roy Jones Jr. vs. Jeff Lacy
Revision as of 03:38, 6 September 2009 by Drdatabox
2009-08-15 : Roy Jones Jr 174 lbs beat Jeff Lacy 172 lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Coast Coliseum, Biloxi, Mississippi, USA
- Referee: Keith Hughes
- Judge: Larry Ingle 99-91
- Judge: Gary Ritter 100-89
- Judge: Randy Phillips 98-92
- NABO Light Heavyweight Title (1st defense of Jones)
- Time: 3:00
- Promoters: Square Ring Promotions & Left Hook Promotions
- Roy Jones Jr. 53-5 (39 KOs) vs. Jeff Lacy 25-2 (17 KOs)
- Main event of the card titled "Hook City".
- Jones Jr. entered as the # 6 light heavyweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Lacy, a 3.5-1 underdog, was unranked by the same publication.
- The fight was delayed approximately 30 minutes as a result of a dispute over the gloves. Lacy refused to use Grant gloves and insisted on using Everlast gloves. While Jones Jr. answered back that the contract called for the use of Grant gloves, he ultimately relented and agreed to the use of Everlast gloves.
- During the first few rounds, Lacy attempted to pressure Jones Jr., constantly taking the fight to the ropes. However, Jones Jr. got the better of the in-fighting, often doubling and trippling up on left hooks to the body and head.
- A left hook to the head caused a gash in the corner of Lacy's right eye in round 3.
- With Lacy seemingly having no chance to win the fight and both his eyes being almost completely closed, his corner decided to stop the fight after round 10.
- By the end Lacy suffered cuts on each eye, puffs under each eye, and a bloody mouth.
- Data Boxing Stats: Blows- Jones 249/500 50%, Lacy 104/429 24%. Controls- Lacy 71, mostly bearing in; Jones 65, tying up and using his multiple skills. In a moderate 108 Events Per Round (Attempts + Controls), Jones had a 53 to 47% edge.
Jones Jr. vs. Sheika
| NABO Light Heavyweight Title Fight