Roy Jones Jr. vs. Mike McCallum
Revision as of 00:55, 21 September 2008 by Reenthelawman
1996-11-22 : Roy Jones Jr. 173 lbs beat Mike McCallum 175 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Ice Palace, Tampa, Florida, USA
- Referee: Brian Garry
- Judge: Ric Bays 120-107
- Judge: Paul Herman 120-107
- Judge: Jay Kassees 120-107
- World Boxing Council Light Heavyweight Title (Interim title)
- Weights: Jones 173 lbs, McCallum 175 lbs
- McCallum was knocked down at the bell ending the 10th round from a combination left hook to the body followed by a right to the jaw.
- Because of a dispute with the WBC, the Florida Boxing Commission appointed all three judges. WBC President, Jose Sulaiman appointed three other judges to score the fight sitting in the first row of the working press section. They all also had Jones as the winner, but by scores of 116-111, 117-110 and 119-108.
- Jones took full distinction of WBC Light Heavyweight title when Fabrice Tiozzo moved up to Cruiserweight.