Roy Jones Jr. vs. Montell Griffin (1st meeting)
Revision as of 02:30, 19 June 2012 by Slugger
1997-03-21 : Montell Griffin 175 lbs beat Roy Jones Jr 175 lbs by DQ at 2:27 in round 9 of 12
- Location: Taj Majal Hotel & Casino, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Tony Perez
- Judge: Barbara Perez 76-75
- Judge: Chuck Hassett 75-77
- Judge: Terry Smith 75-76
- World Boxing Council Light Heavyweight Title (1st defending of Jones)
- Promoter: Square Ring, Inc
- Jones was disqualified for hitting Griffin while he was down on a knee.
- HBO's official scorer Harold Lederman had Jones ahead 76-75 prior to the start of round 9.