Samuel Vargas vs. Manolis Plaitis
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 00:35, 17 February 2013 by Reenthelawman
2012-02-11 : Samuel Vargas 153¼ lbs beat Manolis Plaitis 152½ lbs by TKO at 2:49 in round 1 of 10
- Location: Hershey Centre, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Referee: Dave Dunbar
- Judge: Kelly Zolnierczyk
- Judge: Harry Davis
- Judge: Alan Davis
- Canadian Boxing Federation Welterweight Title (Vacant title)
- Time: 2:49
- Canadian title had been stripped from Victor Puiu in December 2011.
- During the last minute of the first round, Vargas landed a right hand that stunned that stunned Plaitis and sent him to the ropes. Vargas followed up by unleashing a barrage of punches that caused Plaitis to visit the canvas. While the referee started the count, it quickly became apparent that Plaitis would not beat the count, such that the referee waved off the fight.
- Plaitis was down for several minutes before finally being able to regain his corner.
Puiu vs. Rojas
| Canadian Welterweight Title Fight