Saul Alvarez vs. Ryan Rhodes
Revision as of 03:06, 19 June 2011 by Sweetscientist
2011-06-18 : Saul Alvarez 153¼ lbs beat Ryan Rhodes 152½ lbs by TKO at 0:48 in round 12 of 12
- Location: Arena VFG, Tlajomulco de Zúñiga, Jalisco, Mexico
- Referee: Hector Afu
- Judge: Max DeLuca
- Judge: Yuji Fukuchi
- Judge: David Sutherland
- Aired On: HBO Boxing After Dark
- Ring Announcer: Joe Martinez
- WBC Light Middleweight Title (1st defense by Alvarez)
- Saul Alvarez 36-0-1 (26 KOs) vs. Ryan Rhodes 45-4 (31 KOs)
- Alvarez entered as the # 9 junior middleweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Rhodes, a 6/1 betting underdog , was ranked # 4 by the same publication. 
- For Rhodes, it was his first professional fight to take place outside his native United Kingdom.
- At 152 1/2 lbs., Rhodes fought at the lightest weight of his professional career to date. Conversely, Alvarez was fighting at the heaviest weight of his professional career to date at 153 1/4 lbs.
- Prior to the bout, a ceremonial ten count was held for the recently deceased Genaro Hernandez.