Sebastien Demers vs. Dionisio Miranda
Revision as of 23:53, 16 October 2009 by Emaster
2008-08-01 : Sebastien Demers 159 lbs lost to Dionisio Miranda 159 lbs by SD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Gare Windsor Salle des Pas Perdus, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Michael Griffin
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio 94-95
- Judge: Joseph Pasquale 95-94
- Judge: Benoit Roussel 94-95
- Fulgencio Zuniga was originally scheduled to take on Jean Pascal in a Super Middleweight bout for the main event of this card. However, when Joe Calzaghe vacated his WBC Super Middleweight title in July 2008, Pascal was offered the chance to participate in a fight for the vacant WBC crown against Carl Froch . Pascal therefore pulled out. Pascal's promoter, GYM, offered Zuniga the opportunity to fight Demers instead in an IBF Middleweight eliminator.
- A few days before the fight, Zuniga became ill as a result of a mosquito bite and had to withdraw. Miranda stepped in as Demers' opponent.
- NABA title had been vacated by Joe Greene.
- Demers down in round 9 from a straight right hand.
- Teddy Atlas scored the bout 95-94 for Demers.
- Demers was supposed to make the 4th defense of his IBF International Middleweight Title. While the fight was planned for 12 rounds, it had to be shortened to 10 in order to accomodate ESPN's TV schedule. The NABA accepted this last minute change, but the IBF insisted on 12 rounds and withdrew its sanction of the fight.
Greene vs. Mora
| NABA Middleweight Title Fight
St-Juste vs. Reuque