Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Revision as of 13:55, 1 May 2010 by Sweetscientist
2010-05-01 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 146 lbs beat Shane Mosley 147 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Dave Moretti 119-109
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 118-110
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 119-109
Aired On: HBO Pay-Per-View (Main Event)
- World Boxing Association Super World Welterweight Title
- Shane Mosley 46-5 (39 KOs) vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. 40-0 (25 KOs)
- Mayweather Jr. entered ranked at # 2 pound-for-pound and the # 3 welterweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Strangely, Mosley, a 3-1 underdog entered as the # 3 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, but the # 2 welterweight.
- In buildup for the fight, HBO aired its series "24/7" in which it briefly chronicled the two fighters' training and preparations for the bout.
- Ticket prices for the bout ranged from $100-$1250.
- Mayweather earned a guaranteed $22.5 million purse, while Mosley was guaranteed $7 million. Mayweather's actual earnings, however, likely exceeded $40 million after the HBO pay-per-view totals were calculated.