Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Revision as of 03:13, 2 May 2010 by Sweetscientist
2010-05-01 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 146 lbs beat Shane Mosley 147 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Dave Moretti 119-109
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 118-110
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 119-109
- World Boxing Association Super World Welterweight Title
- Shane Mosley 46-5 (39 KOs) vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. 40-0 (25 KOs)
- Mayweather Jr. entered ranked at # 2 pound-for-pound and the # 3 welterweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Strangely, Mosley, a 3-1 underdog entered as the # 3 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, but the # 2 welterweight.
- In buildup for the fight, HBO aired its series "24/7" in which it briefly chronicled the two fighters' training and preparations for the bout.
- Ticket prices for the bout ranged from $100-$1250.
- Mayweather earned a guaranteed $22.5 million purse, while Mosley was guaranteed $7 million. Mayweather's actual earnings, however, likely exceeded $40 million after the HBO pay-per-view totals were calculated. 
- Notables in attendance included Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Oscar De La Hoya, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Will Smith, Michael J. Fox, Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs, Mark Wahlberg and Paris and Nicky Hilton.