From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
Aired On: HBO Pay-Per-View (Main Event)
Promoter: Golden Boy Promotions
- Shane Mosley 46-5 (39 KOs) vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. 40-0 (25 KOs)
- Mayweather Jr. entered ranked at # 2 pound-for-pound and the # 3 welterweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Strangely, Mosley, a 3-1 underdog entered as the # 3 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, but the # 2 welterweight.
- In buildup for the fight, HBO aired its series "24/7" in which it briefly chronicled the two fighters' training and preparations for the bout.
- Ticket prices for the bout ranged from $100-$1250.
- Mayweather earned a guaranteed $22.5 million purse, while Mosley was guaranteed $7 million. Mayweather's actual earnings, however, likely exceeded $40 million after the HBO pay-per-view totals were calculated. 
- Notables in attendance included Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Oscar De La Hoya, Will Smith, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Michael J. Fox, Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs, Jamie Foxx, Mark Wahlberg, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mariah Carey and Paris and Nicky Hilton. Hip-hop artist Chris Brown sang the national anthem.