Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
2010-05-01 : Floyd Mayweather Jr 146 lbs beat Shane Mosley 147 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Kenny Bayless
- Judge: Dave Moretti 119-109
- Judge: Robert Hoyle 118-110
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 119-109
- World Boxing Association Super World Welterweight Title
- Shane Mosley 46-5 (39 KOs) vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. 40-0 (25 KOs)
- Mayweather Jr. entered ranked at # 2 pound-for-pound and the # 3 welterweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Strangely, Mosley, a 3-1 underdog entered as the # 3 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, but the # 2 welterweight.
- In buildup for the fight, HBO aired its series "24/7" in which it briefly chronicled the two fighters' training and preparations for the bout.
- Ticket prices for the bout ranged from $100-$1250.
- Mayweather earned a guaranteed $22.5 million purse, while Mosley was guaranteed $7 million. Mayweather's actual earnings, however, likely exceeded $40 million after the HBO pay-per-view totals were calculated. 
- Notables in attendance included Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Oscar De La Hoya, Will Smith, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Michael J. Fox, Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs, Jamie Foxx, Mark Wahlberg, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mariah Carey and Paris and Nicky Hilton. Hip-hop artist Chris Brown sang the national anthem.
The opening round saw both superbly quick handed fighters come out tentatively each looking to counter the other. Apart from a few decent jabs, neither fighter landing to effect. Mosley went down midway through the round from a slip. A pair of big right hands hurt Mayweather in the 2nd and it appeared at one point that he may go down. He was able to maintain himself, however, until the end of the round. Mayweather appeared to have regained his composure and likely won the 3rd Round by stepping up his aggression and pressing Mosley. Round 4 again was a very measured round, with both fighters looking to land big counter-right hands. Apart from some nice jabs, though, the major punch of the round was a right hand by Mayweather. The 5th Round saw both fighters winging with often wild shots, but neither landing noticeably more so or more effectively than the other. In the 6th, both fighters looked to feint and counter, but Mayweather appeared to have made the better changes and was a step ahead. Round 7 and 8 expanded the gap between the two fighters as Mayweather landed cleanly against a determined but a slowed Mosley. It was evident that Mayweather was in his zone and beginning to cruise. In the 9th, Mosley was the busier of the two but Mayweather continued to land more effectively and battered his opponent with right hands. Mayweather continued to pound Mosley in the 10th and hurt him with a digging body shot. Following the round, Mosley's corner hinted at stopping the fight if he didn't show them something. The 11th saw a game Mosley throw punches but not be able to land against the Mayweather's philly shell. Floyd continued to snap Mosley's head back with jabs and right hands. The final continued much as the several previous. Mosley threw but was out of gas and Mayweather picked his spots with straight shots.