Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Pete Ranzany
Revision as of 05:53, 16 June 2013 by Boxsoup
1979-08-12 : Sugar Ray Leonard 147 lbs beat Pete Ranzany 147 lbs by TKO at 2:41 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joey Curtis
- Judge: Art Lurie
- Judge: Harold Buck
- Judge: Hal Miller
- NABF Welterweight Title (6th defense by Ranzany)
- Leonard was ranked second by the WBC, and Ranzany was ranked third.
- The fight took palce at the Caesars Palace Sports Pavilion.
- The fight was televised nationally by ABC's Wide World of Sports.
- Leonard floored Ranzany once in the fourth round. Upon rising, Ranzany was battered in a corner until the referee stopped the fight.
- Leonard made $150,000, and Ranzany got $75,000.
Ranzany vs. Gray
| NABF Welterweight Title Fight
Leonard vs. Price