Sugar Ray Robinson vs. Jake LaMotta (2nd meeting)
Revision as of 16:59, 6 April 2012 by Theshadowcrow
1943-02-05 : Jake LaMotta 160½ lbs beat Sugar Ray Robinson 144½ lbs by UD in round 10 of 10
- Location: Olympia Stadium, Detroit, Michigan, USA
- Referee: Sam Hennessey 52-47
- Judge: Michael H. Butler 57-49
- Judge: Joe Lenahan 55-45
- Robinson was knocked down through the ropes after taking a right to the head and a left to the body in the eighth, being saved by the bell at the count of nine. Referee Hennessey gave LaMotta five rounds including the last four. He gave Robinson four and called one even.
- LaMotta charged Robinson at every opportunity with bull-like rushes. Robinson tried to outbox his shorter opponent but had a lot of trouble keeping him at bay.