Sultan Ibragimov vs. Evander Holyfield
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 06:02, 5 June 2012 by Slugger
2007-10-13 : Sultan Ibragimov 219 lbs beat Evander Holyfield 211½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Khodynka Ice Palace, Moscow, Russia
- Referee: Raul Caiz Sr
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 117-111
- Judge: Dr Ruben M Garcia 118-110
- Judge: Tom Miller 117-111
- World Boxing Organization Heavyweight Title (Ibragimov's 1st defense)
- It took Ibragimov a few rounds to get untracked, but his mobility and faster reflexes gave him a clear advantage in a surprisingly tactical fight. Holyfield's best moment came in the twelfth when he landed a big right hand, but it was too little, too late.
- Blows: Ibragimov 197/492 40%; Holyfield 49/350 14%.
- Ibragimov was previously scheduled to fight WBA champion Ruslan Chagaev in a title unification, but Chagaev pulled out due to an illness.
Briggs vs. Ibragimov
| WBO Heavyweight Title Fight
W. Klitschko vs. Ibragimov