Talk:Roy Jones Jr.
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 18:01, 5 April 2008 by Rowdytimothy
Did Roy Jones write this article?!
No mention of:
- Accusations of hand-picking his fights and selecting over-matched opponents like Otis Grant, Rick Frazier and Glen Kelly.
- McCallum was way past his peak.
- The politics behind his loss to Park.
- Failure to fight Dariusz Michalczewski, lineal champ and the consensus no.2 light-heavy in the world who had never lost his WBA/IBF titles in the ring. Michalczewski called RJJ out when he was in the US, but there was no response.
- Potential fights with Benn and Jackson which never materialised.
- Dominating the LH division at a time when it was relatively weak.
- His suspect chin, and losing to arguably the first opponents with the ability to test it.
- His perceived boring and overly cautious style.
- Winning his heavyweight title against the mediocre John Ruiz and then refusing to defend it against a decent HW ie Holyfield.
- His unwillingness to fight Tarver the first time and then the rematch.
- Failing a drugs test.