Talk:World Boxing Association
The WBA ratings from January 2000 on are listed here.
1. The ratings as of January 2012 show Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam's status as the WBA middleweight interim champion to be "under review." The ratings as of February 2012 do not list him as the interim champion any more.
The ratings as of January and February 2012 show Paipharob Kokietgym's status as the WBA minimumweight interim champion to be "under review."
2. Did Bryan Vazquez really capture the vacant (?) WBA super featherweight interim title on November 3, 2011 given the fact that Jorge Solis was still listed as champion in the ratings as of October 2011? If so, was Solis still recognized as the holder of that title at that time so that there were two interim champions in the same weight class being recognized at the same time? Or had Solis lost his title prior to Vazquez's fight, which could indeed be the case as he had already been scheduled to meet the full champion, Takashi Uchiyama, anyway?
3. Have Anselmo Moreno and Juan Carlos Reveco really been declared WBA bantamweight super champion in recess  or WBA flyweight interim champion in recess  respectively? If so, as of which date? The ratings as of September 2011, which were the first to be released after the two title holders were reportedly made champions in recess, do not label them as such.
4. The ratings as of June and July 2011 show Robert Guerrero's status as the WBA lightweight interim champion to be "under review." The ratings as of August 2011 do not list him as the interim champion any more. Guerrero may have lost his interim title because of his scheduled fight against the WBA light welterweight regular champion, which was later canceled.
5. In this statement, which was published on January 10, 2009, Nate Campbell had announced he would relinquish his WBA lightweight super title: "I decided to just go ahead and vacate the WBA title now." But according to the ratings as of December 2008/January 2009, the title was at stake in his next fight against Ali Funeka on February 14, 2009. The title had only become vacant "during [the] weight ceremony" as Campbell was unable to make the lightweight limit. Thus, only Funeka was eligible to win the vacant belt.
6. Virgil Hill was champion in recess at the end of his second reign as the WBA cruiserweight regular champion, according to this WBA resolution. But Hill is not marked as champion in recess in the ratings as of September 2007, the last to be published before he lost his title.
8. On which date was Travis Simms declared champion in recess at super welterweight? Or is he retroactively considered champion in recess from the day he was stripped of his regular title in 2005? On which date had he been stripped?
9. According to the wiki page on Judah vs. Baldomir, a bout which was held on this show, "Judah's IBF and WBA titles were not at stake since Baldomir did not pay their sanctioning fees." Were those titles not even at stake for Judah as would probably have been the case if Baldomir had not made the weight? Wouldn't Judah have been credited with a successful title defense had he not lost the bout? The WBA ratings as of December 2005/January 2006 list the contest as a title fight.
10. Roy Jones Jr. won the vacant WBA light heavyweight super title on November 8, 2003. Still, he is not listed as champion in the following two ratings, the ratings as of November/December 2003, in which the title fight is listed as such, and those as of January 2004. Only from the ratings as of February 2004 on is Jones Jr. listed as champion.
11. Roy Jones Jr., Felix Trinidad, and Kostya Tszyu were the first WBA titlists to be recognized super champions. ("Super champion" is used as a generic term for unified, undisputed and super champions in the following.)
On which date was Roy Jones Jr. upgraded to super champion at light heavyweight? In the ratings from December 2000 until March 2001 he is listed as both regular and super champion. Does that mean that Jones Jr. still held the regular title during the first months of his super championship? On which date was the regular title declared vacant? Or are the ratings wrong and Jones Jr. lost the regular title the day he became super champion?
Felix Trinidad unified his WBA super welterweight title on December 2, 2000 with Fernando Vargas's IBF super welterweight title. Like Jones Jr., Trinidad is listed as both regular and super champion from December 2000 until March 2001 in the ratings. Does that mean that Trinidad still held the regular title during the first months of his super championship? On which date was the regular title declared vacant? Or are the ratings wrong and Trinidad lost the regular title the day he became super champion?
Kostya Tszyu unified his WBC super lightweight title on February 3, 2001 with Sharmba Mitchell's WBA super lightweight title. In the ratings as of February 2001 he is merely listed as regular champion. Did he not become super champion the day he unified the titles or are the ratings wrong? Like Jones Jr. and Trinidad, Tszyu is listed as both regular and super champion in the ratings as of March 2001. Does that mean that Tszyu still held the regular title after becoming super champion? On which date was the regular title declared vacant? Or are the ratings wrong and Tszyu lost the regular title the day he became super champion?
12. On which date did Victor Callejas's WBA super bantamweight title become vacant? Did he abandon his title or was he stripped of it by the WBA? According to this fight page, "Callejas is stripped of the title in November 1986 for failing to defend it."
13. Were the following fights for the WBA heavyweight title?
Sonny Liston vs. Floyd Patterson on July 22, 1963
Muhammad Ali vs. Sonny Liston on February 25, 1964
The WBA title page does not list them.
14. Universally recognized world champions usually participated in the inaugural fights for WBA titles. Had those world champions been named WBA champions before the inaugural WBA title fights took place? If so, on which date(s)? Or did they compete for vacant titles? Here is a list of the inaugural title fights:
Floyd Patterson and Sonny Liston competed for the vacant (?) WBA heavyweight title on September 25, 1962 assuming it was the inaugural bout for this title.
- Holyfield vs. Qawi II for WBA title? 
- WBA title  
- WBA regular, super, unified, undisputed champions   
- Were vacant titles at stake in inaugural title fights?
- Fights for vacant or nonvacant (interim) world titles? 
- Title or nontitle fight if one contestant is overweight?