The Super Fight - Ali vs. Marciano
The Super Fight was a computerized film bout between Muhammad Ali and Rocky Marciano using an NCR-315 computer. The Super Fight was shown around the world in theaters on January 20, 1970 and later broadcast on ABC (1970) and CBS (1977). The event was produced by Murry Woroner, who also produced an all-time computer heavyweight tournament that was broadcast on radio in 1967.
The Super Fight was subject in the 2006 film Rocky Balboa, in which a computer simulated bout matched Rocky in his prime versus the current world heavyweight champion, which led to a real bout between the current champion and Rocky past his prime.
- AP, January 21, 1970
- UPI, January 21, 1970
- UPI, January 20, 1970
- The Pittsburgh Press, January 20, 1970
- The Milwaukee Journal, January 21, 1970
- The Sun, January 21, 1970
- The Super Fight - Marciano vs. Ali (1970) IMDb
- Time Magazine, January 19, 1970
- Boxing Simulation All-Time Heavyweight Champion Part 8 Ali v. Marciano, reproduced from The People's Almanac
- Fight Saga, Marciano vs Ali Staged Computer Fight, by Leroy Cleveland, May 23, 2011
- Murray Woroner: A Pioneer with a dream!