Thomas Hearns vs. Juan Domingo Roldan
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Revision as of 23:22, 23 September 2012 by Earl
1987-10-29 : Thomas Hearns 159½ lbs beat Juan Domingo Roldan 159¼ lbs by KO at 2:01 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Las Vegas Hilton, Outdoor Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Larry Mendaye 29-25
- Judge: Franz Marti 29-26
- Judge: Rolando Barrovecchio 29-27
- Vacant WBC Middleweight Title
- The WBC middleweight title became vacant with the retirement of Sugar Ray Leonard on May 27, 1987.
- Hearns got $1.1 million and Roldan made $250,000.
- The fight was shown live on pay-per-view and closed circuit television.
- Hearns was an 8 to 5 favorite.
- There was a crowd of over 10,000 at the Hilton Hotel's outdoor arena.
- Hearns knocked Roldan down twice in the first round and once in the second. Early in the fourth, Roldan wobbled Hearns with a left hook. Later in the round, Hearns put Roldan down for the count with a right cross to the chin.
- Hearns became the first boxer to win world titles in four weight divisions.
Hagler vs. Leonard
| WBC Middleweight Title Fight
Hearns vs. Barkley I