Timothy Bradley vs. Lamont Peterson
2009-12-12 : Timothy Bradley 138 lbs beat Lamont Peterson 139 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Agua Caliente Casino, Rancho Mirage, California, USA
- Referee: Pat Russell
- Judge: Dennis Nelson 118-110
- Judge: Jose Cobian 119-108
- Judge: Fritz Werner 120-107
Aired On: Showtime Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- World Boxing Organization Light Welterweight Title
- Timothy Bradley 24-0 (11 KOs) vs. Lamont Peterson 27-0 (13 KOs)
- Bradley entered as the # 2 junior welterweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Peterson, a 1.9/1 underdog, was unranked by the same publication.
- Bradley dropped pterson with an overhand right in the second round
- Fight proceeded as jabs to the head, uppercuts to the body, punch counterpunch back and forth war
- Fifth round perhaps for Peterson, other rounds for Bradley who was fasted and landed more
- Fight tempo slowed after the eighth, with Bradley already winning bout on points, Peterson still trying but missing more.