Timothy Bradley vs. Lamont Peterson
2009-12-12 : Timothy Bradley 138 lbs beat Lamont Peterson 139 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Agua Caliente Casino, Rancho Mirage, California, USA
- Referee: Pat Russell
- Judge: Dennis Nelson 118-110
- Judge: Jose Cobian 119-108
- Judge: Fritz Werner 120-107
- World Boxing Organization Light Welterweight Title (2nd defense of Bradley)
Aired On: Showtime Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- Timothy Bradley 24-0 (11 KOs) vs. Lamont Peterson 27-0 (13 KOs)
- Bradley entered as the # 2 junior welterweight in the world by The Ring Magazine. Peterson, a 1.9:1 underdog, was unranked by The Ring.
- Bradley dropped Peterson with an overhand right in the third round. However, Peterson got up and landed hard left hooks to the body.
- Bout fought on the inside for the first four rounds, which favored Peterson.
- Peterson cut under the left eye from an accidental headbutt in round 12.
- Bradley called out WBA champion Amir Khan and WBO-NABO champion Paulie Malignaggi after the fight.