Tomasz Adamek vs. Paul Briggs
2005-05-21 : Tomasz Adamek 174 lbs beat Paul Briggs 174 lbs by MD in round 12 of 12
- Location: United Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Referee: Timothy Adams
- Judge: Nobuaki Uratani 114-114
- Judge: John McCarthy 115-113
- Judge: John Keane 117-113
- World Boxing Council Light Heavyweight Title (Vacant title)
- Weights: 174 lbs (each)
- Briggs' left eye was cut in the 2nd from an accidental headbutt.
- Adamek's eye was nearly swollen shut in the 3rd.
- Neither fighter was down during the hard-fought, action-packed fight.
- The fight was for the vacant WBC title, after the reigning champ, Antonio Tarver, had been stripped for signing to fight Glen Johnson rather than Briggs, the mandatory challenger.