Tommy Morrison vs. Lennox Lewis
Revision as of 22:25, 28 September 2012 by Earl
1995-10-07 : Tommy Morrison 227 lbs lost to Lennox Lewis 241 lbs by TKO at 1:22 in round 6 of 12
- Location: Convention Center, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Mills Lane
- Judge: Frank Brunette 44-49
- Judge: Al DeVito 43-50
- Judge: Eugene Grant 44-49
- IBC Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Morrison)
- Promoter: Main Events (Kathy Duva)
- Ring Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Aired On: HBO World Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- Morrison was going to fight Lewis in March 1994 for the WBC title and a purse of $7.5 million, but Morrison lost that opportunity when he was knocked out in the first round by Michael Bentt in October 1993.
- Lewis earned $2.4 million and Morrison got $2.1 million.
- There was a crowd of 8,369.
- Lewis dropped Morrison four times: once in the second round, once in the fifth, and twice in the sixth.