Name: Trevor Berbick
Birthplace: Port Antonio, Jamaica
Died: 2006-10-28 (Age:52)
Hometown: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Height: 6′ 2″ / 188cm
Reach: 78″ / 198cm
Boxing Record: click
Trainers: Eddie Futch, Sam Solomon
Berbick was born on August 1, 1954 & had a vision from God at the age of 16. Berbick was also a preacher in Las Vegas. Berbick has 3 sons: Quinn, Jamal & Shawn
Death & legal Troubles
- Trevor Berbick was found dead on the morning of October 28, 2006. His nephew, Harold Berbick, and Kenton Gordan bludgeoned him to death and left his body in a church courtyard. Prosecutors said the murder weapons were a pipe and a crowbar. The motive for the killing was a land dispute between uncle and nephew.
- Harold Berbick and Kenton Gordon were convicted of the killing on December 20, 2007. Berbick was sentenced to life in prison, and Gordan was sentenced to fourteen years.
- Most records had Berbick's age listed as 52 at the time of his death, but some reports put his age anywhere from 49 and 56.
- In 1992, Berbick was convicted in Florida of raping a family babysitter. After serving fifteen months, he was deported from the United States. He eventually moved back to the U.S. but was deported again.
- At the time of his death, he reportedly had been teaching boxing at a church in Jamaica.
- WBC champion in 1986
- Among his best career wins were wins over John Tate,Muhammad Ali,Mitch Green, Pinklon Thomas, Iran Barkley & Greg Page
- Two time Heavyweight Champion of Canada.
- Heavyweight Bronze Medalist for Jamaica at the 1975 Pan American Games in Mexico City, losing in the semifinals to Michael Dokes of the United States.
- Represented Jamaica as a heavyweight at the 1976 Montreal Olympics, losing in the first round to eventual Silver Medalist Mircea Simon of Romania.
- Amateur record: 8-3
| WBC Heavyweight Champion
1986 Mar 22 – 1986 Nov 22