Unified Rules of Boxing
Revision as of 21:39, 1 January 2010 by Blue
The Unified Rules of Boxing are governed by the Association of Boxing Commissions. The rules are applicable to title fights, and include:
- The no three-knockdown rule is in effect
- Only the referee can stop the bout
- If there is an accidental headbutt, it will go to the scorecards to determine the winner, if four rounds of a scheduled 12-rounder have been completed.
Otherwise, the bout will be declared no contest.
- A fighter cannot be saved by the bell in any round, including the final round.
- A boxer knocked down shall receive a mandatory eight-count
- See also, Rules of Boxing