Vic Darchinyan vs. Nonito Donaire
Revision as of 18:31, 29 December 2009 by Drdatabox
2007-07-07 : Vic Darchinyan 112 lbs lost to Nonito Donaire 112 lbs by TKO at 1:38 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Harbour Yard Arena, Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
- Referee: Eddie Claudio
- Judge: Steve Epstein 36-40
- Judge: John McKaie 38-38
- Judge: Don Trella 38-38
- International Boxing Federation Flyweight Title (7th defense by Darchinyan)
- International Boxing Organization Flyweight Title (6th defense by Darchinyan)
- Time: 1:38
- Weights: 112 lbs (each)
- Promoter: Don King
- Darchinyan was unable to continue after being floored by a big left hook to the jaw. Darchinyan suffered a right cut in round three, puffs to both eyes in four, and a bloody nose from the bout-ending blow.
- Data Boxing Stats: Blows-Donaire 64/192 33%, Darchinyan 41/146 28%; Controls-Donaire 30, Darchinyan 46.
- Donaire achieved revenge for the loss his older brother Glenn Donaire suffered against Darchinyan.
- Darchinyan confirmed that this would be his last fight at 112 lbs.
- Donaire was moving down in weight for the first time in years.
- 2007 Ring Magazine Knockout of the Year and Upset of the Year