Vic Darchinyan vs. Nonito Donaire
Revision as of 04:32, 31 December 2010 by Fasan
2007-07-07 : Vic Darchinyan 112 lbs lost to Nonito Donaire 112 lbs by TKO at 1:38 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Harbour Yard Arena, Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
- Referee: Eddie Claudio
- Judge: Steve Epstein 36-40
- Judge: John McKaie 38-38
- Judge: Don Trella 38-38
- International Boxing Federation Flyweight Title (Darchinyan's 7th defense)
- International Boxing Organization Flyweight Title (Darchinyan's 6th defense)
- Promoter: Don King
- Donaire was moving down in weight for the first time in years.
- Darchinyan was unable to continue after being floored by a big left hook to the jaw. Darchinyan suffered a right cut in round three, puffs to both eyes in four, and a bloody nose from the bout-ending blow.
- Blows: Donaire 64/192 33%, Darchinyan 41/146 28%.
- Press row scores: Marc Abrams 38-38, Sherman Cain 39-37 for Donaire, Jack Obermayer 38-38
- Donaire achieved revenge for the loss his older brother Glenn Donaire suffered against Darchinyan.
- Darchinyan confirmed that this would be his last fight at 112 lbs. He would defend his flyweight titles three times though.
- 2007 Ring Magazine Knockout of the Year and Upset of the Year