Vic Darchinyan vs. Victor Burgos
Revision as of 20:59, 25 April 2008 by THE LATIN SNAKE
2007-03-03 : Vic Darchinyan 111½ lbs beat Jose Victor Burgos 111¼ lbs by TKO at 1:27 in round 12 of 12
- Location: Home Depot Center, Carson, California, USA
- Referee: Jon Schorle
- Judge: Adalaide Byrd 110-98
- Judge: Steve English 109-99
- Judge: Tony Crebs 110-98
- International Boxing Federation Flyweight Title (6th defense by Darchinyan)
- International Boxing Organization Flyweight Title (5th defense by Darchinyan)
- Time: 1:27
- Weights: Darchinyan 111.5 lbs, Burgos 111 lbs
- Burgos was down in the second round.
- After a tenth round that ended with a flurry of blows to Burgos, referee Schorle checked in with him and his corner, both Burgos and his corner wished to continue the bout.
- It was a one sided demolition by Vic Darchinyan. Burgos was taken from the ring on a stretcher and neckbrace to a local hospital.
- According to the Los Angeles Times: "Doctors removed a blood clot from the swollen brain of flyweight boxer Victor Burgos late Saturday ... at Los Angeles County Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, and Burgos was kept in the intensive-care unit through Sunday [3/4/07] in a medically induced coma to further reduce the brain swelling."
- “I told the fans there cannot be a celebration of my victory, I don’t want it. Everybody is praying for Victor Burgos and we wish him good luck,” said Darchinyan.
In a radio Interview Vic Darchinyan confirmed that Burgos had made a recovery and recognizes his kids.