Vitali Klitschko vs. Odlanier Solis
2011-03-19 : Vitali Klitschko 247¼ lbs beat Odlanier Solis 246¾ lbs by KO at 2:59 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Lanxess-Arena, Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Referee: Jose Guadalupe Garcia
- Judge: Oren Shellenberger
- Judge: Massimo Barrovecchio
- Judge: Ken Morita
- Vitali Klitschko 41-2 (38 KOs) vs. Odlanier Solis 17-0 (12 KOs)
- Klitschko entered as the # 1 heavyweight contender in the world, according to The Ring Magazine. Solis, 4/1 betting underdog , was ranked as the # 10 heavyweight by the same publication. 
- Reports indicated that Solis earned $1.8 million USD and Klitschko $15 million.
- On March 20th, ESPN reported that a scan revealed tears to his anterior cruciate ligament and external meniscus, as well as cartilage damage in his right knee. 
Solis went down near the end of the opening round from a glancing punch as it appeared his legs locked up. He immediately began grabbing his right knee. He was able to make it to his feet but was favoring the knee. At that, the referee waved an end to the bout.
- "I hurt my knee when I went down. It was unlucky but unfortunately these things happen. It will take a lot of time for me to get over this because I am not used to losing." - Odlanier Solis 
V. Klitschko vs. Briggs
| WBC Heavyweight Title Fight
V. Klitschko vs. Adamek