William Guthrie vs. Reggie Johnson
Revision as of 20:31, 11 April 2008 by Emaster
1998-02-06 : William Guthrie 174 lbs lost to Reggie Johnson 172 lbs by KO at 1:58 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Mohegan Sun Casino, Uncasville, Connecticut, USA
- Referee: Steve Smoger
- Judge: Leroy Brown
- Judge: Don O'Neill
- Judge: Clark Sammartino
- IBF Light Heavyweight Title
- Weights: Guthrie 174 lbs; Johnson 172 lbs
- Aired on: HBO Boxing After Dark
- Guthrie lost the title in his first defense after Johnson connected with a hard right hook to the chin that left Guthrie unconscious. Smoger waved it off before finishing the count. Guthrie had oxygen administered and later left the ring on a stretcher wearing a neck brace.
- Johnson had a point deducted in the round four for low blows.