Difference between revisions of "Wladimir Klitschko vs. Jean-Marc Mormeck"
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
== Bout Summary ==
== Bout Summary ==
dominated the fight throughout. In Round 2, Mormeck went down from a big right hand. In Round 4, Mormeck went down again from a combination. He was able to get to his feet, but the referee waved an end to the bout.
Revision as of 22:44, 3 March 2012
2012-03-03 : Wladimir Klitschko 244¾ lbs beat Jean Marc Mormeck 216 lbs by KO at 1:12 in round 4 of 12
- Location: ESPRIT arena, Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Referee: Luis Pabon
- Judge: Clark Sammartino
- Judge: Philippe Verbeke
- Judge: Manuel Maritxalar
- World Boxing Association Super World Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Klitschko)
- International Boxing Federation Heavyweight Title (11th defense by Klitschko)
- WBO Heavyweight Title (7th defense by Klitschko)
- IBO Heavyweight Title (11th defense by Klitschko)
- Dr. Klitschko wins by fourth round stoppage, a total mismatch over Mormeck, retains WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO World heavyweight titles
- Mormeck won a 12 round split decision over Timor Ibragimov in a 2011 eliminator bout for this opportunity, lacked power. 26-0 Seth Mitchell then kayoed Ibragimov in 2, a telltale sign.
- Wladimir Klitschko 56-3 (49 KOs) vs. Jean-Marc Mormeck 36-4 (22 KOs)
- The bout was originally scheduled for December 10th, 2011, but had to be rescheduled as Klitschko was forced to have two operations at the first of the month to remove kidney stones. 
- For Mormeck, who entered as high as a 20/1 betting underdog, it was just the fourth bout at heavyweight and he came in having not fought in 15 months. 
Klitschko dominated the fight throughout. In Round 2, Mormeck went down from a big right hand. In Round 4, Mormeck went down again from a combination. He was able to get to his feet, but the referee waved an end to the bout.