From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
- Dr. Klitschko wins by fourth round stoppage, a total mismatch over Mormeck, retains WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO World heavyweight titles
- Mormeck won a 12 round split decision over Timor Ibragimov in a 2011 eliminator bout for this opportunity, lacked power. 26-0 Seth Mitchell then kayoed Ibragimov in 2, a telltale sign.
- Wladimir Klitschko 56-3 (49 KOs) vs. Jean-Marc Mormeck 36-4 (22 KOs)
- The bout was originally scheduled for December 10th, 2011, but had to be rescheduled as Klitschko was forced to have two operations at the first of the month to remove kidney stones. 
- For Mormeck, who entered as high as a 20/1 betting underdog, it was just the fourth bout at heavyweight and he came in having not fought in 15 months.