Wladimir Klitschko vs. Lamon Brewster (2nd meeting)
Revision as of 20:25, 3 October 2008 by JollyDee
2007-07-07 : Wladimir Klitschko 243½ lbs beat Lamon Brewster 228¼ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 6 of 12
- Location: Kolnarena, Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Referee: Sam Williams
- Judge: Michael Fischer 60-54
- Judge: Dennis Nelson 60-54
- Judge: Alfred Buqwana 60-54
- International Boxing Federation Heavyweight Title (3rd defending of Klitschko)
- International Boxing Organization Heavyweight Title (3rd defending of Klitschko)
- Time: 3:00
- Weights: Klitschko 243.5 lbs, Brewster 228.25 lbs
- Announcer: Michael Buffer
- Klitschko dominated the fight using his strong left jab, which he followed up with strong rights to the head.
- Klitschko broke his left middle finger in the first round.
- Brewster's trainer, James (Buddy) McGirt, asked the referee to stop the fight after the sixth round.
- Mandatory defense for Klitschko, due to Brewster being the highest available contender in the IBF rankings.