Wladimir Klitschko vs. Ray Austin
Revision as of 01:46, 5 March 2008 by Emaster
2007-03-10 : Wladimir Klitschko 246½ lbs beat Ray Austin 247 lbs by KO at 1:23 in round 2 of 12
- Location: SAP-Arena, Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
- Referee: Eddie Cotton
- Judge: Roy Francis 10-9
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 10-9
- Judge: John Wright 10-9
- International Boxing Federation Heavyweight Title (2nd defense by Klitschko)
- International Boxing Organization Heavyweight Title (2nd defense by Klitschko)
- Time: 1:23
- Weights: Klitschko 111,8 kg/246.5lbs, Austin 112kg/247lbs
- Wladimir Klitschko made quick work of Ray Austin. In round two, Klitschko connected with several consecutive left hooks that sent Austin crashing face first to the canvas. Austin got up at the count of nine, clutching the ropes, but referee Eddie Cotton waved off the fight.
- Mandatory defense of the IBF title for Wladimir Klitschko against #2 ranked Ray Austin, who stepped into this position after defeating Owen Beck. Austin became the mandatory challenger when he fought Sultan Ibragimov to a draw in a title eliminator in July 2006.