Wladimir Klitschko vs. Ruslan Chagaev
Revision as of 07:33, 11 June 2009 by Marina
2009-06-20 : Wladimir Klitschko 240¼ lbs beat Ruslan Chagaev 224¾ lbs by RTD at 3:00 in round 9 of 12
- Location: Veltins Arena, Gelsenkirchen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
- Referee: Eddie Cotton
- Judge: Noel Monnet
- Judge: Don Trella
- Judge: Manfred Kuechler
- Klitschko was originally scheduled to fight David Haye, but Haye had to pull out due to an injury.
- Chagaev was originally scheduled to fight Nikolay Valuev on May 30th in Helsinki, but the fight did not take place. The Finnish sanctioning body did not allow Chagaev to fight against Valuev, because Chagaev has Hepatitis-B.
- Valuev turned down an offer to fight against Wladimir Klitschko.
- Klitschko agreed to fight against Chagaev, claiming that he is vaccinated against Hepatitis-B.
- It is yet not known, whether the IBF, WBO and IBO will sanction the fight. The vacant "The Ring Magazine"-title may be on the line.