Wladimir Klitschko vs. Sultan Ibragimov
Revision as of 08:09, 22 March 2008 by Rvk2007
2008-02-23 : Wladimir Klitschko 238 lbs beat Sultan Ibragimov 219 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Madison Square Garden, New York, New York, USA
- Referee: Wayne Kelly
- Judge: Don Ackerman 119-110
- Judge: Chuck Giampa 117-111
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 118-110
- International Boxing Federation Heavyweight Title (4th defense of Klitschko)
- World Boxing Organization Heavyweight Title (2nd defense of Ibragimov)
- International Boxing Organization Heavyweight Title (4th defense of Klitschko)
- Weights: Klitschko 238lbs, Ibraimgov 219lbs
- Aired on: HBO World Championship Boxing, RTL
- First heavyweight title unification since Lewis-Holyfield II in 1999
- Ibragimov appeared to be knocked down as a Klitschko combo had him held up by only the ropes but referee Wayne Kelly did not rule it a knockdown.
- A big part of Ibragimov's blows, which were counted by CompuBox as "Power Punches", have been Bodyshots.